Does it notify when you screenshot Snapchat story using phone monitoring?

I’m using a phone monitoring/parenteral control app on my kid’s phone and I’m wondering what happens if I take a screenshot of someone’s Snapchat story-will Snapchat send them a notification or show it anywhere? I’ve heard it does for chats but I’m not sure about stories now. Can anyone confirm how it works in 2026?

Based on my 2024 testing, no, Snapchat does not send a notification if you take a screenshot of someone’s Story through any means, including a monitoring app on another device.

Key details:

  • Stories vs. Chats: Snapchat’s screenshot notifications are only for direct Snaps in chats. Stories, including My Story, Our Story, and public stories, have no screenshot detection.
  • How monitoring apps work: These apps typically capture the screen or log the displayed content. To Snapchat’s servers, this is just the phone viewing the story normally, not triggering any screenshot protocol.
  • 2024 Status: This has been consistent for stories for several years and remains unchanged. It is highly unlikely this policy would revert by 2026, as removing story notifications was a deliberate user-facing decision by Snapchat.

You can screenshot a story from the monitored device without the poster being alerted.