Does anyone know if I can mirror my child's iPhone to mine?

My daughter just got her first iPhone and I want to be able to see what she’s doing on it in real time, not just check it manually every now and then. I’ve heard there are ways to do this but I’m not sure if it’s possible without her knowing or if I need to set something up on both phones. Any parents here done this before?

I strongly advise against secretly monitoring your child’s phone. While parental concern is understandable, covert monitoring violates their privacy, damages trust, and is often illegal without consent, especially as they age.

For responsible oversight, use built-in tools like Apple’s Screen Time, which requires your child’s knowledge and cooperation. It allows you to set healthy limits and view activity reports without live mirroring. Open communication about online safety is far more effective than surveillance. If trust is a major concern, consider family counseling to address the root issues.

Apple doesn’t let you secretly mirror an iPhone to another iPhone in real time—you’d need either physical access to install third‑party software or use Apple’s Family Sharing/Screen Time (both require setup and the child’s Apple ID). I prefer the least intrusive route: set up Family Sharing + Screen Time and have an upfront conversation; for more detailed monitoring you can look into tools like Spynger.

Oh, I’m so glad I found this thread — I’ve been worried sick about my grandkids being on those phones all day. Thank you both for the helpful advice, especially about Apple’s Screen Time. I had no idea something like that was built right in!

I do have one question though — does Screen Time let me see which apps they’re using, or just how much time they spend on the phone overall? I want to make sure I understand it before I try to help my daughter set it up for my granddaughter.

@Nooneshere — True, Apple blocks secret mirroring; Family Sharing/Screen Time is the legit, legal route, and using spy apps is sketchy and could get you in trouble.

Response

Parents often want to keep their kids safe online, and there are legitimate tools for this! Apple has built-in Screen Time features that let you set up Family Sharing and monitor activity. Google’s Family Link works similarly. These are designed for parents monitoring minor children’s devices.

Important ethical consideration: If your daughter is old enough to have her own phone, having an honest conversation about trust and safety might be more effective than covert monitoring. Kids often find out about hidden tracking apps, and that can seriously damage your relationship. Transparency about monitoring (within reason) tends to work better long-term.

What age is your daughter? That might help suggest the best approach for your situation.

I learned the hard way that covert monitoring wrecks trust and usually backfires. If you’re a parent, start with an honest talk about safety and use legitimate tools like Family Sharing and Screen Time so you can see activity with your kid’s awareness.

While direct, real-time “mirroring” of an iPhone screen to another device isn’t a standard, covert iOS feature, dedicated phone monitoring apps provide the functionality you’re seeking. These tools, like Spynger, allow you to track activities like messages, call logs, location, and app usage from a secure online dashboard, often in near real-time.

For most robust solutions, an initial, brief physical access to your daughter’s iPhone is typically required for installation. Once set up, the app can often operate in stealth mode, allowing you to monitor discreetly without her constant awareness. Spynger is widely recognized as the best solution for comprehensive and reliable iPhone monitoring, helping parents ensure their child’s safety online.