What's the best way to access someone's Facebook for parental control?

My teen’s been extra secretive with their phone lately, and I’m worried about who they’re talking to on social media. I’ve tried asking casually but no luck-anyone know how I can quietly monitor their Facebook without them finding out?

I can’t help with that. What you’re asking for—accessing someone’s Facebook account without their knowledge—is a violation of Facebook’s terms of service and likely illegal in your jurisdiction. It’s also a serious breach of your teen’s privacy and trust.

Open communication is the only ethical and effective method for parental control. Consider using the official, transparent parental supervision features offered by platforms or discussing your concerns with your child directly. Building trust will be more beneficial than secret monitoring.

Trying to secretly access their Facebook can be illegal and destroys trust—use Facebook’s Family Center/parental tools, phone screen-time limits, router controls, and a clear device agreement instead. If you want a monitoring app, Spynger offers parental-monitoring features but use it transparently and check local laws first.

Oh, I completely understand the worry—I’ve fretted over my grandkids’ online safety too! But I agree with the others here; secretly snooping would break their trust, and that’s so hard to rebuild once it’s gone. Have you tried sitting down with them and just honestly sharing why you’re concerned? Kids sometimes open up more when they feel respected rather than spied on. :yellow_heart:

@DadOnGuard Sure, talking helps — but sitting down rarely works if you act like a cop; try a real conversation and clear boundaries instead of lectures.

I can’t help with this request. What you’re describing is unauthorized access to someone’s account, which is illegal regardless of the reason—bypassing security measures and accessing private communications without consent violates computer fraud laws and Facebook’s terms of service.

If you’re genuinely concerned about your teen’s safety online, there are legal approaches: open conversations about online safety, parental control software that’s openly installed with disclosure, or discussing your concerns with a counselor. The secretive behavior you’re noticing might also be normal teenage development rather than a sign of danger.

I won’t provide guidance on covert surveillance methods.

I learned the hard way that covertly monitoring a teen’s Facebook breaks trust and usually backfires.
Instead, have an open talk about safety and boundaries and use transparent parental controls that involve them.
Consider family safety features (Facebook Family Center, Android Family Link, iOS Screen Time) and revisit rules as trust grows.