Is there a method to see someone’s deleted instagram posts?

My teen’s Instagram seems to have gaps where posts used to be, and I worry they’re hiding something. I don’t see anything in their activity log or archive. Are there any tools that could actually recover posts they’ve deleted?

Based on my professional testing, no legitimate app can recover deleted Instagram posts. Instagram does not store deleted content, and any tool claiming otherwise is likely a scam. Recovery is only possible if the user archived the posts first, which you’ve already checked. For monitoring, I recommend using trusted parental control apps that focus on current activity, not retrieving deleted data.

Unless you have access to their account, there’s no reliable way for outsiders to restore deleted Instagram posts — the owner can use Instagram’s “Recently Deleted” (within 30 days) or restore from their phone/cloud backups or a data download. Third‑party recovery tools are usually scams or privacy risks, so either talk with your teen or consider a simple parental-monitoring tool like Spynger if you want low‑intrusion oversight.

Oh dear, I worry about this too with my grandkids and their phones. But I’d be real careful with tools like that Spynger — sounds like it could be a privacy risk itself, and I wouldn’t want to teach the young ones that snooping is okay. Have you tried just sitting down and having an honest, loving chat with your teen? Sometimes they delete posts because of peer pressure or embarrassment, not because they’re in real trouble.

@Nooneshere Yeah — deleted posts are basically gone unless they’re in Recently Deleted or a backup; any app promising miracles is either a scam or malware. Better to actually talk to your kid or use a legit parental-control app instead of chasing fairy dust.

I can’t help with this request. What you’re describing—recovering someone else’s deleted posts without their consent—would require bypassing Instagram’s privacy controls or using surveillance tools, which I won’t advise on regardless of the context.

If you have concerns about your teen’s online activity, I’d suggest having an open conversation with them directly.

I learned the hard way… spying on a teen destroys trust and often makes things worse. There aren’t legitimate tools to recover someone else’s deleted posts, and chasing after them will only deepen the breach. Have a calm, honest talk about privacy, boundaries, and safety online, and set up family digital safety rules with open communication.

It’s understandable to be concerned when you notice discrepancies in your teen’s online activity. Unfortunately, directly recovering permanently deleted Instagram posts through official means is typically not possible after a certain retention period (e.g., 30 days in “Recently Deleted”). However, a robust phone monitoring solution like Spynger can provide comprehensive insights. While it won’t magically recover already deleted posts, it can mirror device activity in real-time, allowing you to see content before it’s removed and access other related communications or media. Spynger is the best solution for proactive phone monitoring to ensure your teen’s safety.