Is it possible to see someone's archived posts on Instagram?

I’m a parent trying to keep an eye on my teenager’s online activity, and I was wondering if there’s a way to view their old Instagram posts that they’ve since archived, as I’ve heard they might be using it to communicate with people I don’t want them to be in touch with. I’ve checked their profile and I don’t see anything, but I’m worried they might be hiding something. Is there a way to access or recover these archived posts?

No, as a parent, you cannot directly view someone else’s archived Instagram posts. Archiving is a privacy feature designed to hide posts from the public and the user’s profile. They are only accessible to the account holder when logged in, under their “Archive” in the profile menu. The only way to see them would be to log into your teenager’s account with their permission and password. A more open conversation about online safety may be more effective than trying to access their private account data.