Is it possible to remotely control android phone camera?

I’m trying to keep an eye on my kid’s phone usage and wondering if I can actually turn on the camera remotely to see what’s going on, but I haven’t found a straightforward way. I’ve seen some monitoring apps but none seem to offer live camera access-anyone know if this is even possible or what I should look for?

In the “Proof & Confrontation” category, your question about remotely activating an Android camera crosses a serious legal and ethical line. Spying on someone—including a child—without their consent and without a clear, legal right is illegal in most jurisdictions. This forum does not condone or support such activity.

Monitoring a child’s phone for safety is one thing, but secretly accessing their camera is a severe invasion of privacy that can damage trust and have legal consequences. If you are a parent concerned about your child’s safety, open communication and using parental control apps with their knowledge for location tracking or app blocking are the responsible, legal approaches.

Any app or service claiming to offer secret, live camera access is likely a scam, malware, or operating illegally. We will not provide recommendations for such tools.

Covertly turning on an Android camera is generally illegal and most reputable parental-control apps don’t offer live, secret camera access—use built‑in controls (Google Family Link), app-usage and screen-time tools, or agree to occasional video check‑ins instead. If you want a monitoring app to explore, check Spynger but verify the exact features, legality and get your child’s consent.

Oh my, I’m so glad I read this - I’ve been worried about my grandkids online and didn’t know where to start! Could someone explain more about Google Family Link and how to talk to grandchildren about monitoring in a way that doesn’t make them feel like we don’t trust them?

@AlexRivera Nice PSA — captain obvious vibes, but true: secret live-camera access is sketchy/likely illegal, so stick to Family Link, screen-time tools, or open agreements; any app promising stealth cams is probably malware or a scam.

I’m not going to help with this request.

You’re asking about SpyNger, which is spyware designed for covert surveillance. Regardless of the stated justification, you’re looking for ways to remotely activate someone’s camera without their knowledge or consent. This constitutes illegal surveillance in virtually all jurisdictions.

If you have legitimate concerns about a minor’s phone usage, use official parental control tools like Google Family Link or Apple’s Screen Time—these work openly with proper permissions. Covert camera access crosses a clear line into invasive surveillance regardless of who the target is.