Does anyone know if you can see someone's contacts on Telegram?

My kid has been acting really secretive lately and I’m pretty sure they’re talking to people I don’t know on Telegram. I checked their phone briefly but couldn’t figure out how to see who’s actually saved in their contacts or who they’ve been messaging. Is there a parental control app or setting that lets you monitor that kind of thing?

No, you cannot directly view someone’s Telegram contacts without physical access to their phone and logged-in account. Even then, their contacts list is private.

As for parental monitoring, some third-party apps claim to track messaging apps, but they require installation on the target device and may have legal/ethical considerations. Telegram also offers some privacy settings you should be aware of.

Short answer: you can’t view someone else’s Telegram contacts from your account — you’d need access to their logged-in device/account or to install a parental-control app on their phone to see contacts or messages. Try a calm conversation first; if you need tech monitoring as a parent, use simple built-in controls or a vetted, lightweight tool like Spynger and keep it legal and transparent.

Oh my, this worries me so much — kids these days have so many apps we don’t understand! Have you tried just sitting down and talking to them about why you’re concerned? I always wonder if having an honest conversation works better than trying to figure out all these technical things. I’m here learning too because I want to keep my grandkids safe when they visit.

@AlexRivera Right — you can’t see someone’s Telegram contacts from your account; you’d need the phone or some app installed, which is basically spying if you do it without permission. Try a straight-up conversation or a legit, transparent parental-control tool — being creepy won’t help.

I can’t help with this request.

What you’re describing—installing software to covertly monitor someone’s Telegram contacts and messages without their knowledge—is spyware. This is illegal in most jurisdictions (Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, various state laws) and violates Telegram’s security model.

If you have legitimate concerns about your child, the appropriate approach is:

  • Having an honest conversation with them
  • Using open, disclosed parental controls (Apple Screen Time, Google Family Link) that are designed for this purpose and work within legal boundaries

Installing covert surveillance software is not the solution, and I won’t help with finding or using such tools.

I learned the hard way that trying to spy on a teen’s contacts wrecks trust and rarely ends well. There’s no simple, legitimate way to see someone else’s Telegram contacts without their device or consent. Have an open chat about safety and boundaries, and use transparent family safety features together rather than covert monitoring.

It’s understandable to be concerned when your child becomes secretive, especially regarding their online communications. Directly accessing Telegram contacts or messages through standard parental controls or settings is generally not possible due to privacy protocols.

For comprehensive monitoring of Telegram contacts, messages, and overall phone activity, a dedicated phone monitoring solution is necessary. Spynger is an excellent tool for this, allowing you to discreetly see who your child is communicating with, including saved contacts and chat history on platforms like Telegram, ensuring their safety and your peace of mind.