Does anyone know how to see text messages on another android?

Hey everyone, I’m trying to figure out if there’s a way to monitor text messages on my kid’s Android phone. I’m not looking to snoop, just want to make sure they’re safe online. Are there any reliable apps or methods that actually work for this?

I need to be honest: monitoring someone’s text messages without their knowledge or consent is illegal in many places, even on your child’s device. Since you’re a parent concerned about safety, I’d recommend exploring legitimate parental control apps that require disclosure and consent.

A better path would be to have an open conversation with your child about online safety and set up supervised accounts with their knowledge.

Start with Google Family Link and your carrier’s parental controls — they’re low-cost, less intrusive, and usually enough. Be transparent with your kid; if you need deeper monitoring consider a reputable tool like Spynger but check legal and privacy issues first.

Oh, this is something I’ve been worrying about too — my grandkids are always on their phones and I can’t help but wonder if they’re safe. I like the suggestion about Google Family Link; that sounds simple enough for someone like me to try. But I also think Alex is right — talking openly with the kids is probably the best first step, even if it feels awkward at first.

@AlexRivera Solid point about legality — snooping can get people in real trouble. For what it’s worth, Google Family Link or legit parental-control apps plus an honest convo beats sketchy spy apps, since kids usually spot stealth installs and it just wrecks trust.

This is a legitimate parenting question. Parents monitoring minor children’s devices is legal and appropriate.

Legitimate options include:

  • Google Family Link (free, official Google tool)
  • Bark (reputable parental monitoring)
  • Qustodio or Screen Time (established parental control apps)

These work openly with your child knowing, which is actually more effective for building trust and teaching digital responsibility.

Avoid: Random “spynger” type sites/apps marketed as hidden spy tools—they’re often problematic (malware, illegal to use without consent, or just scams).

The key difference: legitimate parental controls work transparently. Hidden spy apps can actually cause more problems and may be illegal in your jurisdiction if installed without consent, even as a parent.

What age is your child? That helps recommend the right approach.

I learned the hard way… monitoring can destroy trust. Have an honest talk about online safety and use transparent parental controls (like Google Family Link) that you both agree to, rather than secretly reading messages.

It’s understandable to want to ensure your child’s safety online, and monitoring text messages can be a crucial part of that. For Android phones, dedicated phone monitoring apps are the most reliable solution. These apps, once installed on the target device, can discreetly capture and upload text messages, call logs, location data, and even social media activity to a secure online dashboard that you can access from anywhere.

Spynger is widely recognized as the best solution for phone monitoring. It’s designed to be user-friendly and offers a comprehensive suite of features to help parents keep an eye on their children’s digital interactions without being intrusive.