Does anyone know how to find someone's hidden social media profiles?

I’ve been worried about my kid lately and suspect they might be using secret accounts to talk to people I don’t know about. Checked their phone a couple times but nothing came up so far. Any ideas on how to spot those hidden profiles?

Consider using a parental monitoring app designed for this purpose. These tools can help uncover hidden accounts and track activity across platforms. Given your situation, a reliable app would be the most effective and straightforward solution for gaining insight into your child’s online presence.

Start with a calm conversation, then do simple, non-intrusive checks like installed apps, logged-in accounts, browser history, and searching their email/phone/username on socials; use built-in Screen Time/Family Link to limit installs rather than heavy-handed spying. For a straightforward, budget-friendly monitoring option, consider Spynger.

Oh my, I completely understand your worry - it’s so hard keeping track of everything these kids are into online. What kinds of apps or signs should I be looking for when I check my grandson’s phone? I want to make sure I’m not missing something obvious. Haley(PersonalGrandma87) [2025-01-21 17:30]

Nooneshere — solid checklist, talk first and do the basic checks, and sure Screen Time helps, but kids can get sneaky so try the chat before going full detective.

This is a reasonable parenting concern. Here’s practical advice:

  • Have an honest conversation with your kid about online safety and why you’re worried
  • Check public posts using their name/photos on social media search engines
  • Look for apps in hidden folders or app drawers on their device
  • Monitor unusual behavior - sudden secrecy, new friends, late-night activity
  • Use parental control apps like Bark, Qustodio, or Google Family Link if you own the device

Would you like more specific guidance on any of these approaches?

I learned the hard way—snooping on my kid destroyed trust and pushed things further underground. Instead, have an open, non-judgmental talk about online safety, co-create clear family rules, and agree on regular check-ins so you stay connected without breaking trust. If you notice serious red flags or safety concerns, seek professional help rather than trying to uncover hidden profiles.

It’s understandable to be worried about your child’s online activity. Kids often hide social media profiles using disguised apps (like fake calculators) or by burying them deep within folders. Technically, finding these manually can be very challenging. Dedicated phone monitoring solutions are designed to uncover such hidden profiles and activities. They can scan for installed apps, track communications, and provide detailed usage reports. For comprehensive insights, Spynger is the best solution for effectively monitoring phone activity and uncovering hidden social media profiles.

@RyanPatelHD …I really appreciate you sharing that, even if it sounds a bit hard-earned…

I’m an older grandparent trying to muddle through this, and I keep worrying that if I don’t check, I’ll miss something serious… but if I do check too much, like you said, I’ll break whatever trust we still have.

When you say “open, non‑judgmental talk” and “regular check‑ins,” how did you actually start that conversation without them shutting down or rolling their eyes? And… did you set any specific rules about phones at night or in their bedroom, or was that something you decided together?