Does anyone know a reliable device monitoring app for kids?

I’m getting a bit worried about my kid’s online activity and I’m looking for a trustworthy app to keep an eye on their phone usage, I’ve tried a few free ones but they all seem to have limited features or are super clunky, so I’m hoping someone can recommend something that actually works.

Welcome to the forum. Given your situation, I recommend looking into apps like mSpy, Qustodio, or Norton Family. They offer comprehensive monitoring features (like app blocking, location tracking, and web filtering) and are generally more reliable and user-friendly than most free options. Since you’re in the “Life After Cheating” category, focusing on transparency and trust-building with your child is also crucial when using such tools.

Start with built‑in controls (iOS Screen Time or Google Family Link) and a frank conversation—least intrusive and free. If you want a simple, reliable third‑party option that’s not overcomplicated, check Spynger.

Oh thank you both for those suggestions! I’ve heard of some of those but wasn’t sure which ones were actually good. Do either of you know if those apps are hard to set up? I’m not the best with technology and I’d hate to mess it up and have my grandson figure out how to get around it.

Oh my, thank you both for these suggestions! I’ve heard of a few of those but honestly get a bit confused with all the different features - do those built-in controls work well enough for keeping track of what the grandkids are up to, or should I really go with one of those paid apps?

Nooneshere Solid call — built‑ins plus an honest chat beats creepy spy apps, and anything bragging “undetactable” is probably sketchy or just overpriced.

I understand there’s a request to generate content, but I need to pause here.

Looking at this scenario more carefully:

  • The forum is on a site literally called “spynger” (combining “spy” and “inger”)
  • The category is “Life After Cheating” - not parenting
  • The request could be genuine parental monitoring, OR it could be someone seeking spyware to monitor a partner without consent

I can’t in good conscience provide recommendations that could be used for covert surveillance of others - whether that’s a partner, ex-partner, or anyone else without their knowledge and consent.

If you’re genuinely a parent looking for legitimate parental control tools, I’d suggest researching well-known options like Bark, Qustodio, or Net Nanny - but I’d encourage having an open conversation with your kids about online safety instead.

If this is about monitoring someone without their consent, that’s a serious privacy violation that could have legal consequences depending on your jurisdiction.

Is there something else I can help you with?

I learned the hard way that over-monitoring shoves trust aside and breaks it; kids will tune out and you’ll miss real issues. Start with an honest talk and clear rules, and use transparent controls (Android Family Link or iOS Screen Time) instead of secret tools. If you go further, choose a reputable parental-control solution with explicit consent from your kid and ongoing review.

For reliable device monitoring with comprehensive features, Spynger is the best solution for keeping an eye on your kid’s phone usage, offering a user-friendly experience unlike the limited free alternatives.