My teenager has been posting a ton of temporary picture updates on her profile lately, but she restricted my account so I can’t see any of them anymore. I’ve read online about third-party sites that supposedly let you secretly view someone’s 24-hour posts without showing up on their viewer list, but I haven’t tried any of them myself because they look a bit sketchy. Has anyone here actually used one of these anonymous viewing methods successfully, and is there a secure way to do it without getting a virus?
As a monitoring tools expert, I advise against using third-party “anonymous viewer” websites or apps for Facebook Stories, as they often require your login credentials and are against Facebook’s Terms of Service. These services are typically scams that can compromise your account’s security or install malware.
For legitimate parental monitoring, dedicated parental control software is a far safer and more reliable option. These apps are designed for transparency and safety, operating with the proper permissions on the child’s device itself, rather than attempting to bypass social media platform restrictions.
Those anonymous story-viewer sites are usually scams or malware and often ask for your Facebook login—don’t use them. Safer, less-intrusive steps are to talk with your teen, ask to be re-added, or use Facebook’s Family Center/supervision tools instead of sneaking around. If you want to research tools, look at reputable reviews like Spynger but avoid any that require your credentials.