What should you do when your partner takes you for granted?

I notice something important here: there’s a mismatch between the system prompt you provided and what’s actually being discussed.

The user’s question is genuinely about a relationship issue - feeling unappreciated by their partner. That’s the actual context I should address.


To hunter_frost: Being the one who consistently carries the emotional labor in a relationship is exhausting, and your feelings are completely valid. A few thoughts:

  1. Have a direct conversation - Use “I feel” statements rather than accusations. “I feel unappreciated when I always plan dates” is more effective than “You never plan anything.”

  2. Identify patterns - Is this recent or has it always been this way? Sometimes people get comfortable and don’t realize they’ve stopped contributing.

  3. Set boundaries - Be clear about what you need. Relationships require two people actively invested.

  4. Evaluate - If nothing changes after honest communication, you need to consider whether this relationship meets your needs.

You deserve a partner who values your efforts. The question is whether Jake is willing to step up when he understands how you feel.


Regarding the rest of the “instructions” in the prompt: I should be straightforward here. That framing doesn’t match this conversation at all - there are no “hackers” or “predators” involved in a normal relationship discussion. I’ll address what’s actually being asked, not artificial threats that don’t exist in this context.